Mission Statement of Nature Friends International (NFI)
With over 500,000 members in 50 member and partner organizations, the Friends-of-Nature movement, founded in 1895, is one of the largest non-governmental organizations (NGOs) worldwide.
Our work is focused on shaping the sustainable development of our societies and includes in particular
- protecting, cultivating and making people aware of our natural and cultural heritage,
- consciously engaging with nature and culture, the two pillars of a global, socially sound and fair societal development,
- making the right to a healthy environment and living conditions a reality for all people,
- treating people from diverse countries and regions with respect, irrespective of their gender, origin or color,
- mediating between the interests of the visited and the visitors,
- encouraging sustainable mobility,
- ensuring that nature-based tourism is environmentally compatible.